Raman Data Search and Storage (RDSS) Software License Agreement.
FREEWARE LICENSE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
NOTICE TO USER:
Please, read this carefully before copying, installing or using the RDSS software. By using all or any portion of the Software you accept all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree, do not use this Software.
When used in this Agreement, the following terms shall have the respective meanings indicated, such meanings to be applicable to both the singular and plural forms of the terms defined:
- "Licensor" means Andrei Ionut Apopei. "Licensee" means You or Your Company, unless otherwise indicated.
- "SOFTWARE" means (a) all of the contents of the files or other media with which this Agreement is provided, including but not limited to ((i) related explanatory materials or files ("Documentations and Tutorials"); and (ii) Software setup files and samples to use the Software); and (b) upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions, and copies of the Software, if any.
- By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE.
- 1.1. You are granted a non-exclusive License to use the downloaded SOFTWARE for any purposes for an unlimited period of time.
- 1.2. The SOFTWARE product under this License is provided free of charge.
2. DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE
- 2.1. the SOFTWARE is freely available on http://rdss.sf.net
- 2.2. You may make copies of the SOFTWARE as you wish.
- 2.3. You are not allowed to distribute the SOFTWARE to anyone and charge any fees for the use of the SOFTWARE itself.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 3.1. When using the or any information from the Raman Data Search and Storage (RDSS) application in your publication or presentation, it is necessary to specify in the bibliography section the following text:
Apopei A. I., Buzgar N., Buzatu A. - Raman Data Search and Storage (RDSS): A Raman spectra library software using peak positions for fast and accurate identification of unknown inorganic compounds (http://rdss.sourceforge.net).
- 3.2. This License does not transmit any intellectual rights on the SOFTWARE. The SOFTWARE and any copies that the Licensee is authorized by the Licensor to make are the intellectual property of and are owned by the Licensor.
- 3.3. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright, without limitation, by Copyright Law and international treaty provisions.
- 4.1. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE. 4.2. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE.
- 4.3. You may not use the SOFTWARE to perform any unauthorized transfer of information or for any illegal purpose.
5. NO WARRANTIES
Licensor expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
©2012 Andrei Ionut Apopei. All rights reserved.